Paddy Doran is a level 3 cycling Ireland coach and Level 2 Coach tutor. A former Cycling Ireland Coach of the year and Coaching Ireland Tutor of the year.
Recently he was head coach of the very successful Cycling Ireland High performance development coaching programme. This Programme is currently delivering a steady stream of excellent cyclists to Cycling Ireland squads.
He has worked with the Women’s Commission of cycling Ireland to develop women’s cycling in Ireland
He has successfully coached cyclists like Sean Lacey, Mark O Callaghan Cathal Moynihan Ciaran Power, Brian Kinnnealy, Stephen Gallagher, Paidi O Brien, Siobhan Horgan and many others to National professional Olympic and international level.
His coaching is a blend of science and the art of coaching with innovative, holistic programmes that focuses on the athletes needs and life balance.
He also achieved a Certificate in Theory and practice of working in groups through Maynooth University. Paddy was a successful cyclist and began coaching while still competing.
- Awarded Cycling Ireland Coach of the year and Coaching Ireland Tutor of the year.
- Have developed a number of cyclist who achieved professional cyclist status
- Coached the overall winners of three of Irelands National tour the 8 day (An post) Ras and multiple stage winners.
- Coached Junior tour of Ireland winners
- Coached Medalists at all distances in National championships on track and road.
- Coached multiple Irish International cyclists including the most successful to date at Olympic Games in men’s Road cycling, women’s Cross Country mountain biking and women’s world road championships.
- Was Head coach to Cycling Irelands High Performance Development programme. This programme is now consistently delivering cyclists to Cycling Irelands National teams and squads
- Have coached hundreds of cyclist to success and improvements in performance
- Etape du Tour has coached a cyclist to top 700th place of circa 15,000 + starters